We are currently holding services in church on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month.
It would be lovely to see you back in the church building, but please don’t come if you don’t feel it is right for you.
Please take note of the following points before deciding whether or not to attend, and to prepare yourself, if you do decide to attend.
Don’t worry if you decide to stay at home; the website services will continue on the 2nd/4th/5th Sundays, followed by coffee time on Zoom.
- Check the Health Assessment to decide if it is wise for you to attend the church.
If you need to travel by bus, is that wise?
- Do not attend if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- You must bring a mask / face covering (compulsory).
- You might want to bring a bible and bottle of water.
- Come to the main door on Blackness Avenue. Please let us know in advance if you need disabled access.
- Aim to arrive 15-20 minutes earlier than normal to ensure all can be seated by 11.00am.
- Wait outside in a socially distanced manner until you are invited to enter the building. This will be one (or one household) at a time. Bring an umbrella if the weather is doubtful!
- As you come in you will be asked to read some notices, put on your mask / face covering and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- You will need to give your name and phone number. This is to comply with NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect programme.
- Please wait until you are directed to a pew.
- Only some pews will be in use and these will be ‘filled’ from the front backwards.
- Each pew can only have either two individuals, a couple & an individual, or a family. It’s important you stay in the seat to which you are directed.
- Cushions are not permitted in the pews.
- Avoid touching anything and maintain social distance.
- The disabled toilet will be the only toilet available. Please keep use to a minimum.
- There will no singing and no pew Bibles or service sheets, but we will still have music playing.
- At the end of the service, stay in your seat until you are directed to leave the building. Those in the back pews will be asked to leave first, all leaving through the main door and not along the passage.
- There must only be essential talking within the building and no congregating outside.
- It will not be possible to serve tea and coffee.
- Children are very welcome but there will not be a Sunday Club. We suggest you bring activities for your children to do during the sermon.
- Please bring any monetary donations in an envelope and leave them the box provided; cheques would be preferable to cash.
This all sounds very strict, and very different to how we normally worship together.
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20
And for those who choose not to attend, we will be praying for you, and a time when we can worship together in person.